1. The first burn is the most important. Allow the wax to melt all the way to the edge of the jar. This prevents “tunnelling”.
2. Allow candle wax to melt to the edge each time you light your candle to extend its longevity.
3. Trim wick to 0.3cm before each burn. For wood wicks, remove the charred bits before each burn (a nail clipper does the trick too!).
4. Do not burn the candle for 4hrs at a time. Extinguish the candle, cool, align and trim the wick before relighting. Caution - jar may be hot!
5. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
6. Never burn a candle all the way down. It’s time for a new candle when about 1cm of wax is remaining.